RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Dave Sell <g1jqr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:24:41 +0000

>Also, unit coherency can't be maintained "at all times" because you
>move models one after another - otherwise, you would not be able to
>charge more than 6cm away for unit coherency. I'd rather specify that
>unit coherency must be maintained between assaulting models that have
>completed their move, or not mention anything at all? Dunno.

Specify that unit coherency must be maintained at the end of the charge
moves?

>So, if I work from your proposal:
>
>The closest model from the charging unit is moved into the closest
>model from the unit being charged. Then, other models from the
>charging unit are moved so as to engage as many (unengaged?) enemy
>models as possible, while respecting unit coherency.
>
>But there's nothing about how outnumbering can occur?

Because it says that you have to charge as many models as possible,
outnumbering can occur when you can't reach any more unengaged enemy models,
and still have models left to move. So it becomes harder to overwhelm your
opponent, unless you have numerical superiority, or his units have become
isolated.

Dave

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger