Re: [NetEpic ML] New file uploaded to netepic [SM army book]

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:48:40 +0200

Hi,

in the Salamanders special rules section, is stated that only one Assault,
bike or Land Speeder detachment can be purchased per company.

1) In the following section (Prohibited army cards), Assault companies
&detachments are forbidden. I think that the Troop restriction rulle should
be changed by stating "Assault flamer detachments" instead of "Assault"

2) It is not clear (for me) if you can purchase only one Assault Flamer det
AND only one bike det AND only one Land Speeder det per company (in other
words, three support slots can be filled)or only one AF det OR only one bike
det OR only one LS det (that is, only one support slot available for those
troops ). Now it reads as the first option which I don't find restrictive
at all.

Another thing: the devastator company is a normal dev company or is composed
of flaming devastators, since they cost the same.

Also a small thought...

Still I have not found any balance in the "never give up" rule (In general,
Salamanders do not have any big drawback for all their special benefits,
IMHO ). I know some people disagree with my opinion but I must say that I
don't find adequate this rule and any rule that affeccts the victory
conditions of your opponent. Same goes for the Crimson Suns special rule.
The victory level of your opponent should not be affected by your army
attitude. Note that even Tyranids, who have completely different victory
conditions do not affect the other army victory conditions. IMHO the only
way to impede your opponent victory is with a victory of your own, if your
opponent reaches his victory conditions a turn before you, he has won,
period.

Albert