[NetEpic] Idea for chaos animosit

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:39:34 -0400

Hi!

As I read the messages and thought about the subject, I had this idea I
wanted to share regarding animosity.

The goal is to give ONE rule that covers animosity and eliminate the
need to restrictions to allies.

I thought we could use the existing animosity rule, but instead of ally
restriction we introduce a small table of "animosity check" modifiers.

They would be simple:

Weak animosity, simply put it works with the rule as written, no
modifiers. This implies the baseline animosity that all demons have
against each other.

Strong animosity, this implies a greater hatred and thus much more
difficult to control. This provokes the standard check, but with a -2
modifier (making checks successful on a roll of 6).

This also sidesteps the arguments on who hates who more since we can
just lump catergories in the "strong" category.

Example:

Using Tzeentch, most would say that either Khorne or Nurgle are the
mainly hated powers. So we put those under "strong animosity" and
slaanesh under "weak"

Using Khorne, Tzeentch and slaanesh would be strong and nurgle weak.

..and so forth.

The strong animosity modifier makes cooperation between those that hate
each other more strongly harder to obtain. If the roll penalty is too
much in the opinion of some tthen we could increase the animosity radius
and leave die rolls the same (a higher radius provokes more checks) and
it obtains the same result.

Thoughts?

Peter