[NetEpic ML] Re: Tempest Companies

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:19:30 -0000

actually, Toma and i have been talking about him feliding a chaos
army agianst my eldar just for fun, but i dont have the units that
that cheeseball had,, I only have one tempest host. and a few other
things. But, im a balanced player, and enjoy that kind of game,, i
dont want to Beat my opponent into submission only to gratify my
pride and selfish arrogant ways. Thats how you lose good
players..Its why i don't play 40k anymore,,, too many of those types
around now a days.

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Ramos <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Have either of you played against such a force in recent times?
Under
> more recent netepic rules?
>
> You two could play against each other and purposefully make such
army
> lists and try the tactics to beat it. Its a fun way to test such
armies.

> In epics "golden age" I played with a real power gaming bunch.
They
> sought (and found) just about every loophole you could imagine and
these
> "cheesy" armies were common place, until everyone figured out how
> brittle they were, then everyone just went back to playing
standard,
> well thought out armies.
>
> Toma, you dont need drop pods, or T-hawks to beat eldar with an
all
> khornate army. Here's how:
>
> For fire support use the banelord - it has a psy save so those
pesky
> eldar powers wont be too much trouble. Have it ADVANCE, not
charge, you
> want it to fire as it walks in. Let it soak up firepower, its made
for
> that. Use its barrage volleys at non-tempest/titan units, its good
for
> that. Use your heavier weapons to fire at the eldars heavier units
as
> the opportunity presents itself.
>
> Cannons of Khorne - sure they blow up every once in a while, but
with
> unlimited range, -4 modifier AND template weapon, its very good
for
> nailing pesky titans and tempests.
>
> With infantry, you can use two routes: A world eater marine force
or the
> horde army.
>
> The chaos marine force is easier since you can bring some marine
> equipment like rhinos to transport you CSM's much more quicker, so
> basically you play and SM type game with the added benefits of
chaos cards.

> The horde army is heavy on juggers (their nifty unstoppable charge
is a
> great asset against eldar units on first fire orders),
bloodletters and
> blood hounds (these are quick and can reach the eldar base line
pretty
> quick).
>
> Dont use demon engines against the eldar since they have short
range
> firepower and can be picked off by tempests easily.
>
> Use chaos magic to quickly get you troops across the battlefield.
>
> In essence their tactics are verry similar to the orks and eldar
discussion.

> Peter
>
> Toma Diener wrote:
>
> >--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, <nils.saugen_at_s...> wrote:
> >

> >>Ahhh,
> >>This sure brings back memories... It was with a balanced Eldar
force
> >>that I finally (After months of trying) managed to beat Slann...
With
> >>all the rules revisions, we have lost some focus on the tactical
aspect
> >>of the game... It's been fun to follow this thread! I want
more :)

> >Whew! I was feeling badly for introducing the Thread: now I feel
> >Better! We certainly do need a Balance of 'Theory'
and 'Practice' to
> >make this game keep evolving in a Healthy Manner--
> >

> >>From: Peter Ramos [mailto:primarch_at_c...]
> >>Writing this brings back a lot of memories of
eldar "cheesyballs" (all
> >>tempest armies, all aspect warrior armies, all jetbike armies).
All
> >>these armies are brittle and easy to best once you understand
their
> >>weaknesses and then exploit them. Funnily, you'll notice you
dont need
> >>to use cheese to beat cheese..... ;)
> >>

> >That was the most frustrating thing about that experience: I had
> >always previously played with Mature gaming Veterans who followed
> >common sense design Principles: It was my first real experience
> >playing against a Broken Opponent in Epic (lots of Broken
Opponents in
> >40K, sure: But not Epic which I considered my "Home Game"). It
was
> >kind of shattering to realize the Game I loved could be used
> >Incorrectly...
> >
> >So: How would one defeat the Eldar with a Khornate only force?
Are