RE: [NetEpic ML] Orks 5.0 questions

From: ciber nyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:47:39 +0100

>From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
>To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [NetEpic ML] Orks 5.0 questions
>Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:35:54 +1000
>

>Howdy all and Happy New Year!!
>

>2007 and hoping to get stuck into more NetEpic than ever before now that
>I have opponents!
>

>After playing a warm-up game last week I've been reading the new Ork 5.0
>book carfully and have noticed one grey area: the famous Kult of Speed
>(or KOS). With the rules regarding Mobs at the start of the book,
>the KOS is a difficult prospect. The Mob rule states: "All
>Ork units of a given type (Nobz, Boyz, Boarboys, etc.) from a Clan Card
>will form their own Mob. When support is added to a company it will add
>to existing Mobz of the same type."
>

>Now the Kult of Speed card listed in the back of the book has listed:
>Nobz Mob (5 Nob Warbikes) and 2 Mobz (5 Warbuggies each). So if you
>purchase more Nobs Warbikes they will add to the original Mob,
>correct? This used not to be the case as new Nobs Warbikes were
>always independant detachments and frankly reduces the tactical options
>for Ork players (which I can sort of live with, it just takes a bit of
>getting used to). Now for the big problem: How do extra
>Warbuggy Squadrons add in then? Do you choose which Mob to add them
>to? Again, they used to all be separate detachments increasing your
>tactical flexibility (as were all Ork vehicle support
>cards).

Ork players I've played against always added nobz/boyz/boarboyz/wagons
support cards to the corresponding company mob. Same happened with nobz
bikes. On the case of buggies, those were added alternatively to each buggy
mob, that is, purchasing two extra buggies support cards, each one would go
to a different mob. But I don't have any problem allowing to allocate all
buggy cards to the same mob.

IMHO the KOS should have a single buggy mob instead of two separate mobz,
like all other klans. It sounds more fluffy to me (and it is more consistent
and easy, from the rules POV). But that's just my opinion.

Albert