Re:Slann book

From: Gary <gary_clark1946_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:05:26 -0000

Thanks for the help Bruce.

A few thoughts on the feedback you sent.
[quote]
In general, I'm not sure the Nullify field and regen capability have
been costed in fully. These are Uber abilities and should probably
be at least +50 and for some +100 points per detachment
Specifics - Necron Assault Warriors - detachment should cost at
least 250...compare to Chaos Raptor marines. Assault Cube should go
up correspondingly. [unquote]

I don't know about the costs. I wasn't involved with the list's
making. It is version 5 and been tested for many years.
I do think the self repair is overrated. It really only amounts to
an extra fixed save. I believe that regeneration keeps going until
they have recovered all wounds and are back up again?
I am not familiar with the Chaos stuff either.

[quote]
Exodus SLANN
I dont see why Exodus dune buggies should count as Skimmers for
pinning....clunky. Give them Hit and Run maybe. [/quote]

I just went over the fluff, and the rules for Hit and Run and
Skimmers...
They are simular but I think "skimmer" fits better.
Here is my reasoning...
1] Dune buggies can move quickly through terrain that other vehicles
could not...
skimmers are simular but they go over it instead of through it.
2] Skimmers can not end their move in rough terrain.... dune buggies
can.
3] Skimmers can pop-up... buggies can't. Thus the modified skimmer
rule of no pop-ups.

a] This gives simular stats whichever the player chooses.
b] It fits the fluff in that the Exodus have skimmer technology.
c] It also fits the scarce resource idea for some planets, as well
as the desert terrain theory.

Thoughts?

[quote]
Need to decide whether Exodus get wheels or skimmers....makes a big
difference to game play. Given the very strong back story and
fluff, I think they need to stay with wheels....if anyone were to
get skimmers it should be the Necrons. If the Exodus vehicles
become skimmers their costs would probably need to be revised
upwards. [/quote]

Here I don't agree as the Exodus have both. It is one of their
distingushing factors.

[quote]
Stegadon - I agree that there's not much need to restrict it other
than fluff....an Exodus only force would be much more viable without
the restriction. Also note, ...I think there's a different model
that would be better to use. Photo soon. [/quote]

You said that model was difficult to get. If so, we should come up
with another. I just thought it looked so good. Mech Warrior is an
ofshoot of Battle Tech, but smaller scale. Do they have one?

[quote]
I'd change the name of the Exodus Raiders company card to Dracon
Raiders :)
It would be nice to flesh out the Dracons a little as per previous
suggestion, but I guess its' unlikely anyone would try to run them
stand-alone. [/quote]

Agree. Or at least have two versions (name and command change only)
for Exodus and Dracon.
It appears that there are several that would like to have Dracons as
a stand alone army. A bit limited as to choices now but a slight mod
of the leaders it could work ok. Anyone wanting a full list will
have to work on it for future use. A lot has gone into the present
book/list and I am not trying to change it other than get a few
things more consistant and maybe an optional unit or so. Even that
may not make it into the final document.

I am sure there are more of you out there that have thoughts on
these things. Let me hear from you. On here or by mail

[quote]
Cards
These look terrific. [/quote]

Thanks. Any suggestions that might make them better?

My next project will be a bit lighter. I will do cards for my Smurf
Army. Since I have no new Slann models to paint I am finishing up my
Smurf vehicles and Titan.

One last note. I uploaded a couple of photos of some of my Slann and
Necrons. Not great pics but the best I have so far.

Gary

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Bruce Scott <B.Scott@...> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I took some new photos of the Exodus stuff in natural light, but
I'll have
> to redo a couple of them. I'll post 'em up on my photobucket as
soon as I
> have a good set.
>
> On the Steggadon, the Mechwarrior unit you chose (the Xanthos) is
actually
> almost too big to fit on a 60mm base, and is more massive than a
Warlord
> titan. Another problem is it has only ever been a Unique/Limited
Edition
> piece so its a little hard to get. Perhaps we could drop down to
the
> "Ursa", which is a bit smaller all round, has weapons that look an
ok
> match to the Steggadon, and should be easier for people to get.
>
> For True Slann mechs, I've ordered these GZG 25mm battlesuits from
Eureka:

> Frog:
> http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?
cPath=204_207_223_228_230&products_id=2702

> Bullfrog: http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?
products_id=2966