Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Necrons for NetEpic

From: Joshua Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:57:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Chiming in here with my "usual" Fluff rant.

On the Necrons, I am of a single opinion. First off, as far as "official" NetEpic fluff goes, I want to stick with the existing Slann related fluff. I am completely unconcerned with what ever GW is currently passing off as "fluff," as it is horribly inconcistent, and changes from edition to edition. I do not want to be tied to it except to mine for nuggets that can be added to the NetEpic fluff. I'm still compiling and sorting fluff for NetEpic (based mainly on RT era stuff, including AT, SM1, and TL), which is proving to be a far more massive project than I originally anticipated. Not to mention putting it all into a cohesive and readbale format.

That all said, there is no reason not to create and include a stand alone Necron list. Just don't expect to have the current GW fluff included as NetEpic "cannon." This is one area in which we clearly distinguish ourselves from whatever GW is currently doing. Yes, we try to include as much as possible, but not everything makes sense or "fits" with what we do.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - B. Bonzai
Homepage: http://home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3/