[NetEpic ML] heresy question

From: stefano andreoni <ltremari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:45:43 +0100

Hi,

I tested this case during my first test of heresy:

Close combat:

this situation occured when a detachment of two ork bikes engaged
a squat hq consisting one hearthguard stand and his ironhammer tank. The ork
player engaged them only with this detachment and put four more within 15
cm. to give support. This tactic gave him two advantages:
1) only the two ork bikes engaged will take casualities even if the total
casualities could be more then two;
2) their total assault value will be increased by +12 for the support (all
were in squat sight)
The result was that the two bikes were destroyed with the hq but the
supporting units were unarmed.
This fact gave me something to think about this rule:
1) IMHO I think that, also in some percentage, the support must take some
casualities, otherwise we could have many similar situation;
i.e. you take casuality hits against the supporting units when:
1) all your engaged units are destroyed
2) every two hits in excess to the ones necessary to kill your engaged
units, you take one hit to the support; no modifier should be applied.
2) IMHO I think that 15 cm. for support range is too great, 10 cm. should be
better.

Stefano Andreoni