[NetEpic ML] Re: Vehicle close combat

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:10:43 -0800

Hi Peter,

Why not make it even more simple. A vehicle on Charge orders gets its
full CAF. A vehicle on First Fire or Advance gets half its CAF,
(rounded down).

Since vehicles cannot enter woods or rubble on Charge orders, this
becomes a non-issue.

To tell you the truth, however, I was one of the "Diehards" who voted
against changing the Close Combat system. But I could live with it if
instead of rounding down, we instead round up. I like the idea of
overruns; used it in a lot of "other" games. But I hate to see vehicles
with a low CAF of +1 get nothing more than a Rhino would, should it get
attacked.

Hail to the "Old Guard"!

Warprat ;)