[NetEpic ML] Re: Net Epic Revision: Titans

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:05:25 -0800

Hi, well here's my $.02!

Warprat ;)

Peter Ramos wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now that the several issues in the core rules have been more or less
> settled lets now revise Titans, starting with Imperial Titans
>
> Keep in mind that now the reactor is no longer in the front (the
> location will be substituted by a hull location) and that repair and
> regenerating shields is now at 4+.

Another option, instead of "Hull", could be "Legs".

> I will list the various hulls and current price, I would like opinions
> on if the cost should increase or decrease and by how much.
>
> Warhound hull, 250 points

This is the hull cost for two Warhound hulls, right? My personal
feeling, is that this is too cheap. I think 200 pts. would be more
reasonable, for the hull. This would make the average Warhound cost
about 325 pts. Pretty reasonable, considering all titans have the Titan
Defense System, under NetEpic rules. CAF is only used when fighting
Titan\Praetorians.

> Reaver hull, 300

I've played some games with the new repair factor. I think this titan
should remain at 300 pts.

> Warlord hull, 500

Perhaps with the changes, this hull will really be worth 500 pts. No
point changes need to be made.

> I will list the Imperial weapons below with current cost, the comments
> should be two fold, first wether the cost is okay and second whether
> the rules for it should change.
>

> Gatling 60
> Blaster
>
> Laser Blaster 50
>
> Melta Cannon 50
>
> Quake Cannon 85
>
> Turbo-Laser 75
> Destructor
>
> Vulcan 50
> Mega-Bolter
>
> Volcano 100
> Cannon
>
> Blastgun 65
>
> Cannon 100
>
> Destructor 125 The cost seems OK, but does anybody ever use this thing? I would think that the freezing in place would be enough, with out all that CAF reduction garbage.
>
> Inferno Gun 50
>
> Deathstrike 75
> Cannon (Head)
>
> Multiple 50
> Rocket
> Launcher
>
> Barrage 100
> Missile
> Launcher
>
> Harpoon 75
> Missile
>
> Vortex Missile 150 The cost seems OK, if we go with the Special Card idea. Otherwise I would put the cost at about 300 pts.
I like the Special card idea best, because it makes the Vortex Missile a
rare item, as per the background material.