[NetEpic ML] Re: Space Marine revision

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:42:15 +1000

At 01:14 PM 3/29/00 -0600, Peter wrote:

Howdy All!

>Army list #1 is space marine.
>
>Beyond the recommendations of raising Space Wolf cost (which I agree with),
>heres some other points:
>
>1.Alternate units like forward observers and such get removed to the
>optional book. But what about flamer marines? Its been expressed over time
>that many like these like regular troops. What do you think? standard or
>optional?

I'd rather see the Flamer Marines become optional units. Or we could
release a Salamader Marines list in a similar vein to the Wolves list and
have whole COMPANIES of Flamer Marines! Heh, heh, heh!

>2.Dreadnoughts will be reduce to 2 types ranged and close combat, good
>enough?

I think 2 types for the core rules and then put all the variants into the
Alternate Rules set for those people who like more detail with their Dreads.

>This is one army I'm pretty content with as far as balance and cost, I dont
>see any really unbalanced unit.

For me the Really Big Thing is to see the optional and alternative units
and rules go into a seperate book. This way I will have an easier time
getting veteran Epic players to come around and then maybe use more of the
optional stuff later.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."