Re: [NetEpic ML] The great titan close combat debate

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:13:20 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, Warprat <warprat_at_j...> wrote:
> Hi Kelvin!
>
> I could go for this too, WITH your alterations. For the most part,
> REALLY like it. Simple and easy, that's always good! The best
rules
> are always this way.
>
> The only thing I worry about, is that EACH infantry/vehicle that
wins
> against the titan, would score a hit. This can be excessive. Any
> ideas?
>
> Everyone is really making this a GREAT discussion, THANKS ALL!!!!!
> I think were going to end up with some AWSOME rules.
>

> What does everyone else think?
>
> Warprat ;)

---->Hmmm...double CAF vs units less than Knight Class? Sounds good!

 Should be simple even with mixed groups - ex: 4 assault marines and
a Knight jump a Warlord. Attacker lets his fodder attack first. Titan
gets double CAF vs inf, Titan blows them away, then Knight gets a
shot in w/Titan at normal CAF, plus a few dice for being the nth
attacker and probably scores a hit. Not very chivalrous,though...

Simple, effective. Only a minor change, more of a rule exception
than a new rule.

Jim

> > >Increased CAF's
> > >
> > >A nice thought, as simple as can be since you are not making any
rules
> > >changes, just editing titan values. Its a real boon from the
point of view
> > >that it uses the standard combat system and no additional rules
are needed.

> > >On the downside are the high CAF's proposed high enough to make
attacking
> > >them a moot point? Dont know really. My feeling is that this is
more
> > >effective since issues of total annihilation are softened and
better troops
> > >would be better at this than cannon fodder types. No additonal
die rolls are
> > >needed because the casualties are weeded out in the standard
close combat
> > >process.
> >
> > Well, I'd support this alteration if we simply allowed the Titan
to double
> > its CAF when fighting any units who's class is less than Knight
(this
> > should include Daemons boths Greater and Lesser). This way we
represent
> > the Titan's antipersonnel-type weapons (Electrohulls, defence
weapons,
> > Poisons, spikes, ballistic Gretchin, etc...) without bothering
with that
> > old "Electro-Hull" rule. Plus it still makes the Titan
vulnerable to