Re: [NetEpic ML] void shields

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:43:49 GMT

>I'm pretty new to netepic could some one explain to me the way shields work
>on titans. I am confused from the rules. I understand that a unit must have
>at least a -1 save modifier to affect it. But once a hit is rolled by a
>weapon with a -1 save modifier does that automatically down the shield or
>does the sheild itself get a save and does it only take one hit to down one
>shield?

Each weapon hit with a save modifier of -1 or more will down a shield.
In the end phase, roll 1d6 for each shield. On 5+ it is brought back up.

Shields go down automatically, no saves are allowed.

Ork power fields work in the same way, except:
1: They cannot be brought back up
2: When hit by a weapon roll 1d6. On a 6 the shield fizzles and the shot
passes straight through to the gargant. This allows even weapons with no
save modifier tohit gargants. Fields that fizzle are not destroyed but left
up.