Re: [NetEpic ML] How to beat the Slann?

From: Teras Cassidy <greywolf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:48:23 -0600

>Another good idea is for YOU to play another army and have your opponent
>play the slann. If you still beat him its a matter of tactics, if he beats
>you easily then its a matter of the rules.

hellreich has a 14 out of 20 rate and Karlsen has 4 out of 4. This is
indeed a good indication of Slann success. Can anymore people out there add
to these stats? I am inclined to agree with Peter when he called for those
play testing to try to use your opponent's army. This would be the best for
the playtesting. Can anyone do this? I am not saying that your opponents
are unworthy BTW. I want this army to be fair. Play testing this way will
also give your enemies better insight into your army.

I am however pretty much opposed to changing the stats of the army. We
built this army with the motto: if it is powerful and you want it - have
it - just pay the points. If the Slann are too powerful then we should
increase the point cost. Reworking the stats would mean redoing the whole
army - and that as we all know is a BIG job.

>I'd say the nuero disruptor ignores cover modifiers. As for th Necrons self
>repair, I am inclined to say it does not work after CC, but I would ike to
>hear other poeples take on this.

I would also think that removing the self repair when in CC would make the
Necrons weaker. If they are over powering (this seems like it is the case),
then remove this power in CC and continue play testing. Leaving the Necrons
off the table is not an option.

Teras