RE: [NetEpic ML] How to beat the Slann?

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:15:29 +0200

You shouldn't need to rely on better luck than your opponent in order to
have a fair chance to win the game.

I played the tech guard against the Slann and I think that was the closest
game yet! What do you think Rune? The force I used was not specially tailord
to fight the Slann i must admit, and the first round was quite close. Given
the same circumstances I would have used the same tactics again. I had
terrible luck with the dice (Not hitting once with the Quacke cannons of my
crusader detachment througout the game.), and that of cource influenced the
game, but in all fairness I never had a chance.

I fielded a mechanized assault company, titan defence company, lancer
houshold, Stomblade company, A Crusader detachment, Hwywpns deachment, Baron
a couple of warhounds, Adeptus mechanicus and an Astropath. I think that was
it. If I where to make some cahnges in the army composition I think I would
like to include som artillery.

Runes style of play hasn't changed, the Slann is just more suited for his
style of play. And thats fine I guess. By the second round his Neuro/nullify
fields stopped my army dead in it's tracks. And by the end of the second
turn The score was Slann 47 TG 7. Looking back at det game I was infact
beat by the Vanguards and The Bullfrog Mechs, the rest of the Slann army
only played a marginal part in the game.

Normally I wouldn't mind loosing if the games where close, or if I felt I'd
played a poor game. The fact is that except for the game against Eldar Runes
opponents has played average good games, and still lost by a mile. It's not
interesting to continue playing against a IMO clearly unbalanced army
therefore we have suggested a lot of changes to Rune and offered him to
replay the four games against us.

Nils