Re: [NetEpic ML] IG/TG/SoB and all things Imperial

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 23:54:53 -0400

well if you read the Eldar codex you'll find that the TG fight with the
Exodus Eldar all the time thus making there own army,

-->Is this the Tech-guard, or the independant Knight Households? One
would not imply the other IMO. The Knight Houses are specials,
associated with the Adeptus Mechanicus, but not actually part of it. The
Knight Holds operate on an independant level, though owe over all loyalty
to the Emperor and the Imperium. It's another reason why I don't see the
TG as a separate army. The holds are small, and have much in comon with
the Eldar Exodites, and usually fall outside of the normal Imperial chain
of command. they aren't truly part of the AM, and thus really aren't
part of the TG either. Basically, I see the tech-guard as support units
for Titans, such as the Titan Defense company, and special support cards
like the ordinatus. The current set up, has them as IG (they aren't any
different), with some better special cards, but lacking some of the
common units of the IG. And, seeing as the AM make ALL the IG weapons
and vehicles, why shouldn't they be able to use them all? Can you
honestly say that they don't keep more than a few, if only to "field
test" them? No, I still say combine the IG and TG lists inot one.

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell