Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos ideas

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu Jun 1 12:33:03 2000

> >Add some company cards consisting of marines, cultist and some chaos
>horde
> >creatures.
> >
> >Add more marine units
>
>These I would like to see as well, but with one addendum. Make them a
>seperate force, like the Space Marines and Imperial Guard are seperate
>forces! Have Chaos Renegades (Chaos forces with few or no Daemons) and
>Chaos Daemon Forces (armies formed around the Daemons). This will allow
>people to use either the orginal Daemon lists or the newer Renegade forces
>if the idea of Daemon-based armies doesn't suit. By simply having the
>"Chaos" list and choosing between Daemon army cards and
>Marine/Cultist/Beast army cards at whim, there'll be a lot of min-maxing
>going on. Let's treat them like the SM and IG are for the Imperium and
>allow the two to mix, but with a limit on the amount of allying they can
>do.
>
>With this restriction I think the Chaos forces would be very, very cool.

This is a GREAT idea. Get back to old Space Marine, SM vs CSM! After all, a
CSM is far more versatile than those daemons. Not to say other critters
which are simply cannon fodder(cultists, beastmen,...).
I used to play SM vs CSM using both SM army lists. But if you add daemons to
one side this was quite unbalancing.
Perhaps this is the best solution: take CSM as an independent army from
Chaos