Re: [NetEpic ML] The Advance Issue

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 01:24:41 -0700

Hi Kelvin!

Thanks for your comments. Well, apart from the Shokk Attack gun
change, these are the rules I've played with, for years. I always
thought everybody else did too. I guess it's partly a matter of what
your used to, tradition perhaps.

Anyway, now that I know differently, I'm sure my group will have a
vigerous discussion. As it should be. The group may decide to go with
the Net Epic interpetation, or stick to the House Rule. Who knows?

About the Shokks:

Well, like I said, I've been playing the wrong way for years. Troops
have fired in the Advance Phase, and it hasn't been a problem.

I see your point about using the Shokks to stop First Fire units.
Taking that away, will limit them. But on the other hand, if they fire
in the Close Combat Phase, they can wait and see how many units have
been eliminated by First Fire, and help shift the odds in Close Combat.
They can evaluate how First Fire, and Close Combat has gone, and attack
the unit of thier choice. Good idea? Maybe, maybe not.

If your interested, AND we try this out, I'll post an update for you.
Let me know.

These are ALL House Rules. Kids, don't try these at home! ;)

Warprat ;)