Re: [NetEpic ML] Just For discussion: IG Vs tyranid

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Tue Jul 18 23:04:51 2000

Hi again!

just some comments...

>My personal opinion is that the Astropath power, Guidance, is not
>limited to helping only one unit per turn. Take a look at the other
>powers, Beacon and Cancellation, VERY NASTY. Guidance should be nasty
>as well.

I don't think so. Beacon is a very limited defensive power, and cancellation
is a good power although only defensive. Beacon is a power which may be
useful if allowed no unit limit. If not it's not worth the points (which
doesn't mean that against Chaos Astropaths are not useful. They are
necessary to stop demons)

>The Astropath is a naturally powerfull guy, when pitted against the most
>psychic army, Chaos. He is also something of an equalizer for the
>pathetic CAF abilities of even the most highly trained normal men, the
>Imperial Guard.
>

>I had selected 2 Astropaths, for my battle, in case I had to sacrifice
>one, using the Beacon power.
>
>This brings up ANOTHER question. Beacon makes the Astropath visible to
>all Psykers. Does this mean that Psykers can use weapons and physical
>psychic attacks, like The Eye of Magnus The Red, can shoot through
>buildings and woods when targeting the Astropath? My feeling is that
>only non-physical psychic attacks, like the Eldar Warlocks "Eldritch
>Storm", could target through obstructions.

I agree with you and add that physical attacks and shooting for enemy
psikers are only possible against the Beacon. If they can't shoot him they
won't shoot and will move next turn against it. Perhaps this is too unreal,
as Warlocks are not stupid but Daemons are attracted by psykers and would go
for them.

>I have found Chaos players to be tough opponents. I've lost more games
>than I've won, against them. When played craftily, the Chaos Cards can
>be devestating. The army takes its lumps moving up, but when it hits,
>WOW. As the man said, in the clasic movie, Aliens II.
>
>"Game over, man. Game over!" ;)

Chaos cards are the worst "unit" in tha chaos force. Not only greater
daemons are tough but also take at least two or three turns to go down
because of the cards (At least, when you take down one, the others follow
quickly).