Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Brief history summary

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:52:09 -0400

Ah, another one of my projects that got side lined for real world
business...
A few things here:
        1. As regards the Emperor, and his "inability" to communicate,
not entirely so. Lucca, says it is due to his tenuous hold on the
material world. I disagree. The Imperial tarot is the prime method of
communicating with the Emperor, and considering the size of the Imperium,
it's got be a bit of a strain to answer several billion questions at a
time. I would say that it is not a matter of his hold on "reality," but
more a matter of his being astronomically busy. simply put, he's
spreading himself thin. Which of course, leads to its own set of
problems.
        2. Knights. They are not part and parcel of the TG, or Adeptus
Mechanicus. They certainly have a relationship with them (a close one),
but are not directly part of either. Sorry, not gonna happen. They are
a spin off of the Eldar Exodites, and not from the AM.
        3. I know we've gone over the "stagnant" nature of the Imperium
before. Me and Lucca disagree on this, and most likely forever will.
There really isn't enough information to really make a case either way on
this one. What we do have is limited to military technology, and we
don't know much about other aspects, such as medicine, commercial
technology, or even space technology. We only have what gets seen on the
battlefield. I tend towards saying that the Imperium is not in fact
stagnant, just slow in universe shattering developments.
        4. I never liked the Sensei bit. It has possibilities, but as
presented, was weak, and was put out in the time when RT was a cross
between a mini game and an RPG. It doesn't quite fit in. It could be
made to though.
        5. Does anybody have the fluff from the Armageddon board games
and supplements? I don't have those, and would like a look at what they
have. Also, was there anything of significance in the following RT era
books: Vehicle Guide, Tales of the Astronomicon? I have all the others.
        6. I have reams of notes on this, as it's been an on going
project of mine for some time. I haven't had a chance to go through the
Slann stuff yet (it's on the web), and I can't remember who sent me the
link (Hellreich? Warprat?). Any case, thanks for the link. I'll try to
type up some of my notes soon, and get them out to the list.
        7. GW and fluff. They change it when it suits them. Why? A
couple of reasons. First is to justify the introduction of new units and
models. Sometimes this contradicts what has gone before. Example;
Knights. Also, we have the "kinder, gentler 40K Universe." done
primarily to get the "new" market, 10-15 yr olds, and make it palatable
to their parents. Makes getting it all together a real chore.
        8. I have a theory that the Emperor was Christ, and all the
stories about the Templars, and Priory de Sion are true...(in the 40K
universe)....

Josh R
PS-Peter, are you online at home yet? I have the IG book ready...

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell