RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Kel's take on Chaos

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:40:13 +1000

At 11:43 AM 9/4/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hear Hear!!!!!
>
>We really don't want to fiddle to much with the armies!!!! The balance of
>this game is a frail thing indeed!!!! Look at Slann.... our first buildt
>from scratch Army, it has caused considerable debate both on this list and
>in our gaming group!!!! And believe me, balance is the key factor!!!!

And believe me, balance is what I want to keep with these Chaos lists,
too. I'm not proposing sweeping changes with new units popping up here,
there and everywhere, just a re-structure of the existing Chaos forces to
allow people to field Chaos armies with a different theme than a Daemon
army. With the Chaos Marine List, I would only propose some special new
units for SPECIFIC Marine Legions, such as Iron Warriors Siege Marine or
World Eaters Berserkers. These would ONLY be able to be fielded by the
specific Legion and no other Marine Company.

With the Renegade list, we could allow SOME IG gear to be taken by the
Cultist Companies ONLY to show that they are defectors from the Imperial
Forces. Trust me, I don't want Chaos to turn into a shooting army over
being a run-across-the-field-and-kill army at all. I like them as they are.

-Kelvin....

        When you're feeling down
      remember that you are unique.
        Just like everyone else.