RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:52:06 +0200

        NS: Not necessarily, there's a wide range of transports for those
assault troops you need to get into forward positions.

> > NS: I think that we could make use of the number of attacks to
> >represent elite units! SMG should have 1 attac IMO, Machingunners could
> >fire
> >bort in the FF fase and the advance fase provided they don't move that
> >turn.
>
> Also a good idea. In that case I would suggest at least giving SMG troops
> better to-hit and a higher CAF to reflect their power at close quarters

        NS: Higher CAF is a good idea, but is it really a need to have bothe
rifle and SMG infantry??? I think we would be better off with one basic type
of infantry? OK Paratroopers, commandos (move 10cm + infiltration!!??) would
more likely have a higher count of SMGs in their rank. But ordenary
lineinfantry would almost always be riflemen.

> > NS: -6 is perhaps a bit hefty even for the 88, -3 for other
> >Anti-tank guns should be considered.
>
> Just a suggestion. -4 perhaps? Anyone have any documentation on how often
> various AT guns penetrated various tanks?

        NS: Nope but this statistic is most probably out there somwhere, but
antitank guns where much feared by tank crews. I know that certain german
tank commanders marked two stripes on their gunbarrel for each anti tank gun
they took out, and only one for each tank. The 88 is known to be the best
antitank gun of the war so it should be a good weapon indeed.

        Nils