Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:04:56 -0400

-->I would like to see armor values and saves combined in a way.
Example: A
US infantry unit attacks a PZ-IV platoon. The infantry would have to
hit,
then penetrate the armor to do damage. Let's say the PZ-IV has an armor
value of 6, and the infantry, not equipped for anti-tank, has a modifier
of
-3 to penetrate. This would mean that the infantry would need to roll a
9+
to do damage to the PZ-IV's (assuming a d10 based system). This can be
applied to any and all units covered.

JS: Good idea. Thigs like magnetic mines, anti tank grenades and molotov
cocktails would give a bonus.

-->Right. So, in the above example (presuming a hit by our infantry),
let's say they have AT grenades, changing their -3 to penetrate, into a
no mod. Or Molotov Cocktails could give a +1/+3 (open terrain/city) to
do damage. Cuts out an extra die roll.

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell