Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Core rule interpretations

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:23:14 -0400

well we did lower the CAF last week by 1 making it +4 instead of +5, plus
the right cost of 750pts, and they worked out fine. they really anit no
stronger then CA termies like this, and thus they should be I wont budge on
this one, LOL :-)! They are wear they should be now, but me and Peter are
disputing if they should be able to have a move by foot or just the warp
jump move, I like to just allow them to move by warp jump thus some will
scatter when they charge. Making them a little tad weaker without taking
anything away from them. And if we do the Warp Jump rules like Peter said
with one roll, you only scatter on a roll of one for a 40cm move not bad And
you get lost in the Warp on rolls under one. The rule will work as such you
pick a point were you want to warp jump to. THEN YOU MEASURE how far it is,
then roll one die for each model. For models that jump up to 40cm on a roll
of one you are disoriented and scatter 3d6cm for mechs and 1d6cm for troops,
since they are smaller less power could effect them while they jump so less
scatter from point of enter, For every 10cm over 40cm you recive a -1
penalty. (e.g. if you jump 60cm, you would recive a -2 to your roll -1 for
each 10cm over 40cm so would need to roll 4+ to make the jump without
scatter and 3+ would make you scatter, under 3+ would be lost in the Warp
remove model). Vanguards will add +1 to jumps they lead, while the Mage will
add +2, all the other rules for Vanguards and Mages will remain the same
except the see warp gate power of the Mage this will add +1 to jumps for
distance over 40cm all the other rules of this power will stay as is.