Re: Eldar Warlock Powers

From: Dave <warprat_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 18:27:17 -0000

Hi Hellreich!

How fast does a unit have to go, to not be targeted? Mind powers
operate at the speed of thought. True, some take form in energy and
matter, but even those can be Snap fired. Non-physical powers should
be even faster, because there is no travel time in physical space.
The unit thinks it, and it happens. And in the case of Pschic Lock,
it keeps on happening, as long as the Warlock concentrates, or the
model breaks free. Since the Warlock can hold a Titan, it's basicly
a matter of concentration on the Warlocks part.

Also, think about this. A plane is in the air and probably visable
the entire turn. A bike can be behind cover, only visible for the
last 2cm. Yet, only the bike could be targeted? Reaction wise, the
plane should be an easier target.

Is the Warlock ONLY using his power once per turn, like a spell being
cast after a lenghthy incantation? Or is the Warlock like most other
units, firing and targeting through the whole turn? In game terms,
we give each unit a roll of the die, a chance to affect one thing.
But in real life, targeting and fire is more of a constant stream,
than ONE big burst. The Psycic lock can last entire turns.

I view the Warlock power Psychic Lock, similar to the Babylon 5
psycic power, used to hold Shadow ships. They had to be able to see
the enemy ships with thier own eyes, yet the enemy moved very, very,
fast.

Warprat ;)