RE: Re: [NetEpic ML] Invisible Lictors

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:25:01 -0000

>So, obviously, everyone who doesn't agree with you IYONSHO falls into the
>category of "not worthy of breathing the air of life"? Think about this a
>bit.

uhhh, does that mean that I am breathing illegally?

> >This
> > inept reasoning
> > has left what little spirit or resemblance to the Warhammer
> > 40k universe may
> > have had to offer in the shit can.
>
>And now our reasoning is inept. Thank you very much. This list USED to be
>quite a polite place, you know.

Well, consider this:
You an target any area with a barrage because you are shelling an area.
Buildings are strategic targets as bombarding them can deny their use to the
enemy. Bombarding the 300 yards area where you expect an enemy officer is
located is rather different than picking him off with accurate fire.

>There's quite a bit more in NetEpic than dice rolls. Like the way different
>units are used to the greatest effect, for example.

Hmmmm, can you find any game where die rolls do not have an effect on game
play???
We happen to use dice to determine things.
But unless you have a system where EVERY trooper needs the same rolls to hit
and kill EVERY enemy target in EVERY situation and position, it will depend
more on the players tactics, army choices, terrain and how he employs the
forces under his command

>This isn't ASL. If you want a 100+ page book of core rules, then that's
>what
>you should go and get yourself involved with. I don't like all the
>simplifications in NE but at least I can accept the goal that has been set
>for this game: to be simple enough so you don't have to spend most of the
>playing time reading rules.

Well, netepic simplifies a lot, but how much detail would you want on such a
scale???

NetEpic deals with large-scale semi-strategic combat, as opposed to the
tactical level given in 40K.
On such a scale some factors are too small to take into account