Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:25:56 -0500

Well, thanks to both of you for calling me a whiner but I'm not. And
my playing skills are just fine, thank you very much. Oh and
saying "no offense intended but you're an idiot" IS offensive, you
know.

-->Apologies. I really did not intend for it to be personal. My
comments come from my own experiences, and it certainly colors my posts
on occasion. And in no way am I saying that anyone here is an idiot. I
just have yet to be presented a convincing argument against some of these
ideas. "Play balance" and "fairness" get bandied about a lot, but I
don't see any real substance. There is more to play balance than just
the army lists or the core rules. All I usually see is "No" and no real
explanation, except in some rather ambiguous terms. Besides, it's only
my opinion, and take it as that.

I could reply with how allowing both imperial and chaos armies to
field everything levels the playing field but has the added undesired
effect of making the armies identical, but since I'm just whining I
think I'll pass up. Let me just state that if I have to field a chaos
army that has the same units of an imperial army, moves like an
imperial army, fights like an imperial army, FEELS like an imperial
army, I could as well field an imperial army and be done with it.

--->I in no way advocate allowing Chaos unrestricted access to the
Imperial lists. Never have, never will. But the basic block of a 40K
universe Chaos army is in fact the treasonous Imperial forces it has.
The rest is just for flavor really. A Chaos list should have Demons,
Traitor Marines, Traitor Guard, Traitor TG, Chaos Squats, and Dark Eldar.
 Other than the traitor Imperials, none of the others really constitute
enough to be a separate army. They're support, and flavor, not the
basics.

But I'm a whiner, so what do I know of the subtle nuances of boarding
CSM companies on Thunderhawks while using suppressive fire from my
traitor IG artillery companies? And of the big differences between
this and imperial SM companies boarding Thunderhawks while loyal IG
artillery companies pound the enemy...

-->Keep in mind that there isn't much difference between the two. There
isn't supposed to be. Chaos gets demons, and demonic engines, while the
Imps get Imperators and SHVs. They are supposed to be the two biggest
and baddest armies in the universe, period. They should balance out well
against each other, and not leave an edge to one side. The differences
between Chaos and Imperial are supposed to be some what subtle, as the
basics of each are identical.

Josh R

Luca

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell