Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:55:46 -0500

Hi!

dardman wrote:

> I do agree that the Chaos player must be forced to play their cards. I think
> these rules ammendments should be looked at for the Chaos cards issue.
> 1. The Chaos player must state that they are using the card instead of
> taking a hit, not after the Daemon has failed its saving throw. This
> prevents the cheese I have seen in the past, let's roll and if I fail just
> throw down a card.

Uhmm.. thats illegal. Cards are played BEFORE any dice are rolled. The
rules state "cards used in the opponents turn must be used before any
dice are rolled.

You cant wait and IF you need a card you use it before you know the
outcome. Anything else is against the rule.

> 2. Every turn the Chaos player doesn't use a Chaos card they will
> automatically lose 1 card. This will insure that the cards are played not
> used to suck up wounds.

But, thats what the cards are for, why penalize for a valid use of them.
Also, the chaos player doesn't get a whole lot of cards, an average of
12 for a 4000-6000 point game. One can easily strip those down
concentrating fire in the right places.

> 3. Chaos Marine chapter cards cannot be used for saving daemons. Shows that
> they are special gifts and not to be given to others.

uhmm.. special chaos marine power are ONLY for chaos marines, the rule
states they can only be used for that specific legion.

> 4. If a Chaos dameon/primarch is killed the Chaos player should lose a crad.
> Shows the Chaos Lords disfavor.

Isn't losing the greater demon enough? you lose 3 VP's AND all attached
cards to that demon must roll for morale immedaitely regardless if
broken or not, thats pretty stiff.

Peter