Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:06:17 -0500

Hi!

> ---> I dont play chaos, just fought them twice and lost both times. From
> this little experience I would say that to sit on the cards and use them
> only to save the deamons is unwise. If my oponent had not used his cards, I
> would probably have won both times.

Right on the ball! Thats the point, chaos players that wisely use thier
cards tend to play a hard game, hording cards is the most common mistake
I have seen chaos plaers do, those that do this tend to lose a lot of games.

> ---> Hmm..... This is a major change, it would certainly weaken the deamon a
> great deal. Im not sure this is the way to go, what does the rest of you
> say?

Hmmm. Its seems we have stumbled on one of those major rules
misunderstandings. Chaos cards, with the exception of cards that clearly
state they are played after the unit is eliminated must be played before
dice are rolled.

For example cards that give you +1 to the save are played once the
opponent nominates fire at your demon, then you assess wether or not you
need to play a card like this before he opens fire. To wait and see how
many hits and how many failed saves ensue and then use cards is wrong,
wrong wrong. The only legal use of cards after elimination of the unit
is the standard rules for saving demons.

Thiis is not a net epic change this is the original interpretation from GW.

> ---> I thought this rule already existed. If not, then YEAS, YEAS, by all
> means!

It does exsist.

> ---> I dont quite understand how you are going to practise this rule. As
> long as the chaosplayer has one card left, he can and will use it to save
> his deamon. You are now offering him the choice of loosing the deamon and a
> card or loosing a card and keep the deamon?

Good point. I think this is unnecessary.

Hmm.... Things are getting a little clearer. Before calls of
"unbalanced" appear one must be sure that everyone understands how the
rule works. I think with the clarifications given, chaos will seems a
whole lot less intimidating.

Peter