Re: [NetEpic ML] New order counters

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 03:05:08 -0500

Forced march. The effect is simple, the unit moves three times its base
move with the following drawbacks:

1. units may not end a forced march within 25cm of an enemy unit
(whether it sees it or not)
2. units may not claim objectives on forced march and may not be within
25cm of an objective
3. units if engaged have a caf of zero to defend
4. enemy fire gets a +1 to hit bonus (they are not evading)
5. units may not fire
6. if any casualties are inflicted on a unit with forced march orders
roll a morale check immediately and apply result.
7. flyers may not force march

-->This I think might actually speed up some games. Part of what can
take so long is getting things into position to actually engage the
opponent. I would change #1 slightly though. Force March should only
stop if the unit can see/detect an enemy unit that is with in the 25cm
range. I mean, if they don't know the enemy is there, why would they
stop? Makes scouts and infilitrators that much more worth while.

Preparatory bombardment. It has always bothered me that in netepic, you
really can soften up a target just before you assault it. This order
permits you to fire artillery in the movement phase with the following
restrictions:

1. calling artillery fire where and when you want it is tricky, roll a
d6 on a roll of 4+ the artillery battery may fire in the movement phase
(direct or indirect), that counts as its turns action. If it fails, do
to wasted time the artillery assumes advance orders (alternately I
thought in making them lose a turn).
2. prep fire cannot be used as snap fire in any way
3. prep fire cannot be used if enemy unts are within 25cm of artillery
battery (excludes flyers)

--->Would this apply to off-board artillery as well? And if so, could it
then be used as a prep bombardment prior to the first turn? What about
"walking fire"? This may be too much, but it would be an interesting
tactic to introduce.

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell