Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 02:56:41 -0500

1. The Chaos player must state that they are using the card instead of
taking a hit, not after the Daemon has failed its saving throw. This
prevents the cheese I have seen in the past, let's roll and if I fail
just
throw down a card.

-->I think this defeats part of the purpose of the cards IMO. This can
be a make/break point in a game. Much of what happens depends on when in
the game this occurs, how many cards the Chaos player has remaining, what
those cards are. If it's late in the game, and a chaos player only has a
gew cards, it could change things in your favor, especially if he has to
burn a card that would turn another battle to his favor. But if it's
early in the game, you should be making him burn those cards as fast as
possible. If he uses them all up early, saving demons, he'll have
nothing extra for a final push. To me, if you do that (force the Chaos
player to burn cards saving Demons), you're weakening him for a mid to
late game push.

2. Every turn the Chaos player doesn't use a Chaos card they will
automatically lose 1 card. This will insure that the cards are played not
used to suck up wounds.

-->I don't like this. Just because you have the power, doesn't mean you
use it. It is incumbent upon the player facing Chaos to force him to
burn those cards in any way possible.

3. Chaos Marine chapter cards cannot be used for saving daemons. Shows
that
they are special gifts and not to be given to others.

-->If this isn't the rule already, it should be.

4. If a Chaos dameon/primarch is killed the Chaos player should lose a
crad.
Shows the Chaos Lords disfavor.

-->This works too. The loss of a Greater Demon or Primarch should force
the Chaos player to lose a card, representing not only the disfavor, but
the reulting loss of ability and power from the field.

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell