RE: [NetEpic ML] Return of the Slann first test: (long)

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:47:08 -0500

Hi!

Definately. But we should fine tune as we go to test that and learn from
each others experience.

>This is just the initial test. I think we should play 10 or so games before
>decideing what to do!!!!
>
>Some further comments below.....

>Hmm, maybe they are alright as they are..... they certainly can be
>devestating at close range.....

I'll go either way. If one longer ranged unit is needed/wanted we can do
that, but we should change the other two so the units are distinct.

>It's more like a hunch.... They always seem to go down rather easily.... A
>lot of victorypoints for few hits, I took them out with one deathstrike
>missile and a volcano cannon shot....

hehe, but thats a VOLCANO CANNON, it should blow things up easily! The self
repair is 4+ which is a fifty-fifty chance to ignore damage. If you are
unlucky, sure they will look weak, but,with average luck they can place a
lot of hurt. Note too, the unit almost begs to be hit with high yield
weapons, weapons with -1 or -2 modifiers have little chance of getting
through, only volcano cannon and the like will get through more than 50% of
the time and even then be thwarted by the self repair. I'd look at these in
the context of "luck" if luck is deemed average then see how well/poor they
did.