questions about the rules

From: Christian Danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:33:24 +0100

hi, we just had a game of epic and some questions of interpretating the rules disturbed the game :
a) can thunderhawks start the game by landing out of lower orbit without
the possibility of beeing charged by flyers within the first turn ? when they
land directly on the wanted place (within range) on the battlefield ?
b) within the rules we read that infantry stands can snapfire with a -2 penalty on flyers when they are attacked. but when are the attacked when the flyer stands near them after movement with the goal to shoot against them in the advance-phase, so that its unclear within movement phase at which target they want to shoot at ? would that movement without contact count as an attack that would give the infantry enable to snapfire ?
would be great to have an answer of you out ther to make our gaming-session next week more fluently.
many greetings from berlin city
christian danckworth aka gazkcool (www.fantastictool.net)