Re: [NetEpic ML] questions about the rules

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:20:22 -0500

Hi!

Christian Danckworth wrote:

> hi, we just had a game of epic and some questions of interpretating
> the rules disturbed the game :
>
> a) can thunderhawks start the game by landing out of lower orbit without
>
> the possibility of beeing charged by flyers within the first turn ?

In the current rules there is the only way to stop incoming transports
like thunderhawk before they land is to fire at them with anti-aircraft
guns. It is considered that transports drop from near orbit in
lightining fashion before enemy fighters can be scrambled to intercept.
AA is the only defense.

> when they
>
> land directly on the wanted place (within range) on the battlefield ?

Once they land interceptors canot affect them, but land troops can
engage it and destroy it. Note transport that leaves next turn can be
intercepted.

> b) within the rules we read thatinfantry stands can snapfire with a -2
> penalty on flyers when they are attacked. but when are the attacked
> when the flyer stands near them after movement with the goal to shoot
> against them in the advance-phase, so that its unclear within movement
> phase at which target they want to shoot at ? would that movement
> without contact count as an attack that would give the infantry enable
> to snapfire ?

Troops cannot snap fire at fliers, only AA's can do that. Troops can
fire at fliers as per their given orders, but only if they are the
target of the fliers attack, this means if they are not attacked by the
flier they may not shoot at it, it is only in defense. Any shooting at
fliers is done at -2 penalty.

> would be great to have an answer of you out ther to make our
> gaming-session next week more fluently.
>
> many greetings from berlin city
>
> christian danckworth aka gazkcool (www.fantastictool.net
> <http://www.fantastictool.net>)