Re: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:40:54 -0400

The latest mention of us in the epic 40k mag refers to those
"old-hands" that have stuck to the old edition. According to them they
have listened to those players in wanting to add more detail to the
game. I don't really read anything positive or negative in that. Of
course my question is, if net epic and space marine fans have stuck to
those game who are they getting this "input" from? While I like their
current trend, I haven't lifted a finger to tell them what I think in
all the years that version has been out. Have any of you?

--->I used to on the Epic list, before and after it moved to egroups (now
yahoo). There were a few of us "die hards" on the list, and there would
every so often be a "which version is better" argument/flame war. This
happened a few times after Jervis (or some other Studio employee) began
lurking on the list again. So while nothing was ever directly said, they
must have gotten some sort of impression from those discussions. Not too
many of us left over there. Several dropped out after the move to
egroups, and a few more have gone silent since. I pretty much just lurk
there now.

Of course, anytime the mention net epic or the old game at some point
along the line the issue their mantra "we think our game rocks!, we'll
never go back to the old game". If it rocked so much why are they
changing it? Food for thought.

Peter

-->Why? Because GW never admits it makes a mistake. The fastidiously
ignore previous editions, deluding themselves that there never was an
earlier version, thus any changes that go back to that older versions is
there fore "new and improved." It's part of a bad design philosophy that
they have. They often change the things that don't need fixing, and
leave in the stuff that is broken.

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell