Re: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 18:16:58 -0400

Hi!

deaconblue3_at_... wrote:

> --->I used to on the Epic list, before and after it moved to egroups (now
> yahoo). There were a few of us "die hards" on the list, and there would
> every so often be a "which version is better" argument/flame war. This
> happened a few times after Jervis (or some other Studio employee) began
> lurking on the list again. So while nothing was ever directly said, they
> must have gotten some sort of impression from those discussions. Not too
> many of us left over there. Several dropped out after the move to
> egroups, and a few more have gone silent since. I pretty much just lurk
> there now.

I noticed a bunch of "die-hards" never made the change from the old
list, many are just here or were with us in net epic over the years ( I
still hear from long ago members from time to time). Besides you I can't
remember any others, perhpas they are still there but like me we are
pretty much lurkers there.

> -->Why? Because GW never admits it makes a mistake. The fastidiously
> ignore previous editions, deluding themselves that there never was an
> earlier version, thus any changes that go back to that older versions is
> there fore "new and improved." It's part of a bad design philosophy that
> they have. They often change the things that don't need fixing, and
> leave in the stuff that is broken.

Hehe, good point. If theres one bad thing they have is never admitting
to mistakes, no matter how obvious and economically foolhardy they may be.

Peter