Re: [NetEpic ML] Game comparisons

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 11:42:13 -0400

Weasel,
Net Epic is my favorite game but I do play others. Simple board style games
like Steel Legions, Space Hulk and even GW's Hero Quest are fun because of
simplicity and speed (Hero Quest was really fun). I have played WHFB and 40k
3rd ed. a handful of times. What I don't like about them is if you win
iniative you move/shoot/assault all your troops before your opponent does
anything. If you have great rolls you could wipe out a large part of my
force before I even do anything. Also the rule are simple but not always
clear. For example in 40k when using drop pods you can not move but can
shoot, but if you are within assault range can you assault. Some players say
yes. Or a Dark Eldar Talos' claws ignore armor saves but Terminators get an
invulnerable save no matter what. These are some of the problems. I have
played Chronopia and liked it a lot. Simple and the randomness of the d20 is
great. Warzone I have never played but have read the rules and like them for
the same reason as Chronopia. I now play VOID and I really like this game.
It is a true squad level game where you build your army in a group of
different squads. It is a you go I go game where each player activates a
squad at a time and alternates. Shooting and close combat is simple and is
usually resolved with 2 dice rolls. They use a d10 which is much more random
than a d6. This game has a lot of potential. The figs are nice. The only GW
game I am looking forward to is the Lord of the Rings.
Darius

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary