Re: [NetEpic ML] Implications of "epic" proportions

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:38:23 -0400

One has to remember there is Anti-Yank sentiment all over the world. Hey
its
their game they designed and if it sucked they knew it (Brits at GW). As
for
American bashing who cares.
Darius

-->True, there is anti-yank sentiment around the world, goes with the
territory. But what gets me about the GW people, is that they come over
here, for Games Day, or the various tournaments, and 1. seem shocked
every time they watch a game, even though they've seen this each and
every year; 2. Immediately make aspersions about US players, and say that
what ever is wrong with the system is not their fault, and not the fault
of the system, but the fault of the individual players; 3. In general
they are OK guys personally, but when it comes to their games, they
become snobs par excellent. I will make an exception for Nigel Stilman
though, as he seems to learn from what he sees, though he tends to get
drowned out in discussions. As for ignoring it, usually I do, unless
directed at me personally. In general, I find there to be a kernel of
truth behind the sentiments, so I can pass them off with out any real
outrage, but GW personal just never seem to learn that the US is
different than the UK, or Europe, and expect everyone in the world to
think exactly like them (exceptions for this are Stilman and Priestly),
and are some how lesser than they if a person fails to see what is
"obvious" to them. Final note, this comes from personal experience, and
not by rumor. I have seen and heard all of this in action, at Games Days
past, and in my direct conversations with GW. And, I should note, this
has been the case since day one for GW.

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell