Re: [NetEpic ML] Drop pods-I need help!

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:59:55 -0400

Hi!

Questers answers are on the ball. They drop at teh beginning of
movement, troops come out in advance, those that dont open test each
movement phase afterwards and stragler units may receive any orders but
coherency must be maintained. Only AA units may fire at them on the
first turn, but landed pods are treated as ground units afterwards.

Drop pods are tricky to use, but forminable when used correctly. You
should drop them around vulnerable artillery assets the enemy has and
away from his close combat units. Even when they get slaughtered, the
time it takes your enemy to nullify it should be used by you to bring up
your units unmolested. image t-hawks AND drop pods dropping troops
simultaneously on several fronts, your opponent can handle one, but not
all. Like anything in epic a unit on its own is not much use, but its
combination with other units and tactics can be devastating.

Peter