Re: [NetEpic ML] ramblings

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 08:22:57 -0000

>Remember to re-download the rules since I updated them to clear up some
>omissions.
>
>All feedback welcome, I'm curious to see what results people get.

Well, had a test fight (marines versus marines) this weekend and mor to
come.

The new version is good, and dropping order counters really smooths the
game.

One side-effect is that I found that assault troops can be stopped in their
tracks by suppressing them, before they get a chance to move.

This means that you have to move high-priority units first and wait with the
not-so-imortant things. Very good.

A few specific questions though

Generel rules:
The new artillery rules seem great allthough arty sure is powerfull.
However, are artillery able to fire directly, or do you always need a
spotter?

Also, as I have understood the rules, artillery can activate itself and
move, or wait until someone calls in a barrage and then be activated.
Is this correct and if so, how does mobile artillery work?
Can you move and fire when the barrage is called in, or can you move and
then have the barrage called later??

Can units of heroes rally themselves? (I assumed that they can)
Also, how many units can a hero rally? According to the rules, a unit of
heroes can rally 2 units (as their LD bonus i +2) but as they can only
command 1 unit it seemed that they can only rally one unit. This should be
clarified however

Orks:
The reliability skill should still malfunction on a roll of 1 rather than
not at all. Many reliable units have very good weapons. Having the potent
mekaniak upgrades with no penalties is a bit oo good, especially for bad
moons etc.

Painboys do not have stealth, allthough they propably should ????

How come you cannot take a weirdboy on foot?

Chaos:
It appears that (in case of traitors and cultists) you must take LESS
champions than lords.....shouldn't this be reversed as the lord is higher in
the chain of command??

Shouldn't chaos whirlwinds be stubborn??

Keep up the good work ;)