Even more Squat units

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:50:11 +0200

Hi
This concludes my serie of new optional units for the Squat army. On this one I got inspiration from my favorite FRPG character, a grudgy dwarf named Gorm. He was a mean fighting machine, but absolutely unreliable concerning strategy and tactics (favorite quote: OK, I give him the axe!)

The unit was mainly made as a reaction to Nils and Runes never-ending stream of more and cheesyer units to their Slann/necron/SM armies. :-)) I have however made some modifications this time and downcheesed it considerably!

Any feedback on this is greatly apreciated!
SLAYER CULT (SPECIAL CARD)
With the growing hostilities round the squat settlements, this ancient cult has once again resurfaced. Only great shame or anguish can make a Squats take the oath of the Slayer Cult. Lead by a Slayer Champion, these strange and mostly insane Squats vow to seek death in battle against as deadly foe as possible and never, ever again flee from combat!!

These units will always be on charge orders and must, if possible end their movement in Close Combat. The Slayer Cult will always charge the opponent with the greatest CAF within their range, provided it can be pinned. (This means that a Slayer Cult will even charge a moved Imperator titan, but if the titan has not yet moved, they will choose another target.)

These halfcrazed maniacs excel in close combat and attacks with a tremendous fury. This means that a Slayer rerolls 1 and 2 in close combat against any foe.

Further, they have specialized in finding the enemies weak spots. If a double 6 is rolled, it means that the Slayer has hit a weak spot on the enemy, and the enemy is instantly killed. (Or has suffered a hit in the case of titans/praetorians/daemons)

The Slayer Cult is a redundant unit, so only one Slayer Cult can be fielded in any given battle.

      Unit Name
     Move
     Save
     CAF