Re: [Epic] Rebel against the new stands ? Not me.

From: Marc Feuerstein <tw44645_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 97 20:25:01 +0100

At 20:28 8/01/97 +0200, you wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, The Unknown Dwarf wrote:
>> > They did a good job with WHFB 5 IMHO, so we have reasons to hope they will
>> > do the same with Epic 3.
>> Well i think they did a terrible job with WHFB5th edition so i don't have
>> any faith that Epic 3 will be any better... i'll give it a chance buy
>> seeing the rules (i'm not gonna buy them though), but i'm certainly not
>> optimistic at all
>
> I agree. I really liked WFB 3rd edition and WH40K Rogue Trader, but since
> then both of these games have deteorated edition after edition. For a
> long time, Epic has been the only game from GW that I have liked to play,
> so I cant really even try to be an optimist when they do a new,
> "improved", version... I _hope_ it is good, and our group will certainly
> buy it if it is, otherwise we'll try DSII...
>
> - Ewing

Come on guys ! Stop whining !
I don't really understand why a rewrite of the system is such a problem !
It was stated zillions times that the old stands are going to be compatible.
It is the same group of people that created the game we all love, that is
going to make the new one.Don't be so negative before looking at the system.
If you don't like the new system, just keep playing with the old one.If you
happen to love it (and I *bet* you will), just use the new one !
Like a thread that was active in this mailing list before it broke down :
"GW doesn't put a gun on your head" to buy their games, so you are free not
to buy it.
In the rec.games.miniatures.warhammer, doddsy described some of the
differences that we will see in Epic 3, and the new army structure (among
other things) seemed very interesting.

Maybe you know some things that I don't, but I don't see so many reasons to
be that pessimist about Epic 3.
Can somebody give me those reasons ?

Marc.