Re: [Epic] Rebel against the new stands ? Not me.

From: Thomas Lee Denney <seether_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 01:07:15 -0600

>Come on guys ! Stop whining !
>I don't really understand why a rewrite of the system is such a problem !
>It was stated zillions times that the old stands are going to be compatible.
>It is the same group of people that created the game we all love, that is
>going to make the new one.Don't be so negative before looking at the system.
>If you don't like the new system, just keep playing with the old one.If you
>happen to love it (and I *bet* you will), just use the new one !
>Like a thread that was active in this mailing list before it broke down :
>"GW doesn't put a gun on your head" to buy their games, so you are free not
>to buy it.
>In the rec.games.miniatures.warhammer, doddsy described some of the
>differences that we will see in Epic 3, and the new army structure (among
>other things) seemed very interesting.
>
>Maybe you know some things that I don't, but I don't see so many reasons to
>be that pessimist about Epic 3.
>Can somebody give me those reasons ?
>
>Marc.

GW doesn't care if we like it or not. There is an entire new group of young
kids that will buy the new system at the much higher price then we are used
to paying. You might ask well were is a kid going to get the $150.00 it
would realisticlly take to get a playable army together? Well think about
it. If your a kid and your parents are giving you a choice between a new
Sony Playstation or that really cool looking game you saw at the hobby store
the other day...see my point? GW makes it money off of these kids, not us.
Don't be fooled for one mintute into to thinking they really care if our
small group of veteran players likes the new system or not. As long as GW's
profit margin keeps getting bigger, they could care less where the money
comes from.

When I went to pick up my copy of DSII the other night I sat and talked for
almost an hour to the guy that ownes the store. Some of the instances he
told me about in his dealing with GW made me want to kick Andy and Jarvis in
the head for working for such scumbags. Have any of you wondered how they
aquired so many stores in the UK? They sucked the stores into a contract
that drove them into debt to GW, and as a release from the contract, GW
offered to take-over rights of the store. GW tried that here in the states
also, but the laws here wouldn't allow them to get away with it.

I love Epic. I hate GW. I'm learning DirtsideII.

-Tom Denney
seether_at_...