Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Jason Stephensen <J.Stephensen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 14:05:36 +1000 (EST)

> I know what you mean. When I first started playing Epic everyone
> said that I caught on quick and soon could hold my own with the best
> of them. Then the group decided that I should play against the
> undefeated player. No one had ever beaten him in Epic. I said sure.
> He played Chaos which I never played against. I welcomed the change.
> (I played IG) His standard list contains the following:
>
> 3 Warlord Titans each with Fire Control Towers, Plasma Destructors,
> 2 Barrage Missiles, and a Deathstrike Cannon head. Oh, and 2
> Carapace multi-lasers. (Note, this group was doing Battle Groups
> at 3 Warlords for 1800pts. at that time)

Hmmm...This comes back to the old what is carapace mounted argument. As far
as I know all of the weapons are carapace mounted and so he was screwing
with the rules. The only argument is whether the Plasma Destructer is
carapace mounted. And yes the combo that he has thrown (while very Illegal
IMHO) together is damn nasty. I just hope that one of the changes that they
will make is to cost each of the weapons for effectiveness. Some of very
good some are pretty pointless. I've seen titans that are no where near as
effective as some.

> 2 Lord of Battles each with 2 Deathstorm Launchers

That's pretty rude.

> 1 Bloodthirster
>
> 15 Detachments of Bloodletters

Excuse me? This guy has an obsession that needs help. 75!!!!! bloodletters.

> 1 Co. Chaos Marines
>
> 3 Thunderhawk Gunships
>
> Total 6000pts.

OK one point -> He has far too many support cards for daemons. 3 Daemons
does not make 18 support. Regardless of the no battlegropus for Chaos (which
we also ignore) his army breaks rules. As far as I'm concerned I'd make the
bugger play WUSIWUG, although if he is as rabid as it sounds he probably
has. I wouldn't let him simply state that the items are different.

> Well anyway, when I fired at those Bloodletters I was surprised to
> find out that they regenerated 50% of the time. Not to mention the
> 6 Barrage Missile Launchers and DS cannon shots on turn one.
> Followed up by 12 Plasma Destructor shots, TH's in MY artillery
> (what was left) and 75 Bloodletters hell, their CAF is what? +5?
> It was a lesson in true futility. My first game with him was over
> turn one.
>
> I thought you folks would get a kick out of this Chaos army list.
> Anyone out there think they could beat it? I know I can't.

> Keith

This is the type of player that makes minature gamers look bad. We have
enough trouble convincing people we are reasonably normal people.
(Impossible in some cases) This guy quite frankly is a jerk and should go
back to 40K where he belongs, (sorry 40K people)

I think I could beat this army. With a slegehammer repeatadly. And love
doing it.

He dosen't happen to be a big fat guy with no social life. If it is he's the
same as the last guy that I met that plays like this.
                 Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
                 Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
                   "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"
                email J.Stephensen_at_...