Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 02:13:05 GMT

At 01:38 PM 10/1/97 EST, you wrote:
>In message "[Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K", you write:
>

>> 3 Warlord Titans each with Fire Control Towers, Plasma Destructors,
>> 2 Barrage Missiles, and a Deathstrike Cannon head. Oh, and 2
>> Carapace multi-lasers. (Note, this group was doing Battle Groups
>> at 3 Warlords for 1800pts. at that time)
>>
>> 2 Lord of Battles each with 2 Deathstorm Launchers
>>
>> 1 Bloodthirster
>>
>> 15 Detachments of Bloodletters
>>
>> 1 Co. Chaos Marines
>>
>> 3 Thunderhawk Gunships
>>
>> Total 6000pts.
>>
>> Well anyway, when I fired at those Bloodletters I was surprised to
>> find out that they regenerated 50% of the time. Not to mention the
>> 6 Barrage Missile Launchers and DS cannon shots on turn one.
>> Followed up by 12 Plasma Destructor shots, TH's in MY artillery
>> (what was left) and 75 Bloodletters hell, their CAF is what? +5?
>> It was a lesson in true futility. My first game with him was over
>> turn one.
>>
>> I thought you folks would get a kick out of this Chaos army list.
>> Anyone out there think they could beat it? I know I can't.
>>

>> Keith
>>

>Well, I'd say pick Tyranids.

>5 Hierodule Broods: 4500 (with Ripper Tentacles, Bio-cannon)
>Other stuff: 500 (mainly to guard the Doms from close assault)
>
>With this force, you have 15 Titans to his 5. Or, you could pick Hierophant
>broods instead, but you'd only get 9 Titans. (You'd get 600 extra points of
>other stuff, though. I'd pick termagants in spores and drop them directly on
>his Titans to take down their shields, or, if he doesn't use his bloodletters
>to guard his Titans from CC, you could drop in termagants or carnis or even
>Tyrnaid Warriors behind them. Alternatively, you could put 'stealers in the
>bellies of some of the Hierophants & try to duke it out in CC.)
>
>Your strategy is (of course) to take down his Titans as quickly as possible.
>They're worth more than enough VP to win you the game, and with Ripper
>tentacles on your Titans, the bloodletters by themselves are no threat.
>
>BTW, his Warlords are illegal.

Remember that this "rule" has never been published anywhere except FAQ on
the net and as such, it is a bit hard to say that his warlords are
"illegal". (I personally think that some of the FAQ files are OK, but I
have seen some pretty bad stuff in others...)

> Barrage missles and Fire-Control centres must
>all be carapace-mounted, and Warlords only have 2 carapace mounts. Also,
>he can't take a chaos marine company unless he takes a Primarch.

Actualy I think he can, and I'm pretty sure that it's a White Dwarfism and
not a Citidel Journalism... And that being the case, he has a few slots
spare...

> Furthermore,
>he doesn't have enough minion slots to take all those bloodletters as well as
>the T-hawks, since he only has 3 Greater Daemons. Never mind the fact that
>those Warlords should be worth 2700 points. Fortunately, he hasn't put Titan
>tails on them.

Good point. How can he be being cheesy if he didn't put tails on them? ;-)