Re: [Epic] Creating new version of Epic

From: lojeck <lojeck_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:12:53 -0800 (PST)

I'd suggest that the folks who are planning to rework epic take a look at
Dirtside II. Not that you'd want to play that instead (if you did, why
rework epic!) but it has some "ideas" in it that make play very very
interesting... for instance:

1. standard infantry can kill heavy vehicles and giant walkers (titans)
but its really really hard (they need to get within like 1" and use there
anti-tank rockets... and even then it's not terribly likely)
2. vehicles can mount either anti-vehicle or anti-personell weaponry.
using the weapon for cross-purpose stuff (shooting infantry with your
quake cannon frex) is nearly useless
3. rules for tactical nukes delivered from orbit. what could be cooler!
4. very simple rule system that takes very very well to modification. (you
will likely want to modify the walker rules to make titans a little
scarier. walkers are pretty sad as the rules are written...

at any rate, good luck! I wish I had time to help out...

Brian Lojeck
lojeck_at_...

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never ends..."