Re: [Epic] late night terrain

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 09:55:34 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:

> Go for the just destroyed Titan dude. I saw some really good work with
> flames painted on a titan and cotton wool dyed black for smoke...

I'm leaning towards that idea. I was thinking I could use it as a
scenario/objective. Put the destroyed Titan in the middle of the board
and award an extra 5-10 vp to the first army that can hold the objective
(with one stand touching the Titan/head) for two turns. Maybe say that
even then you don't get the points until you carry a piece off the board
(wasn't one of the 'new' objectives from WD something like that?).
Say there was information stored in it that both sides want. Just a
thought.

> >The upshot of this is that I'm wondering what everyone else is doing for
> >terrain these days. Is anyone working on anything at the moment?
> >Finished anything that turned out nice? How about simple terrain that
> >looks good enough? Been awhile sense we discused the modeling side of
> >this hobby. I would like to hear some tips from all of you out there,
> >and I'll bet there are a lot of people who would also.
>

> I'm into simple terain. If it looks good, that's a bonus!
>
> I make hills with a hot knife and polystyrene and then PVA glue some green
> felt over the finished product. Simple, effective, looks excellent... What
> more could you want? (I make the hills completely un-uniform to get away
> from the "this is a level one hill", "this is a level two hill" syndrome.)
>
> Agro

I have to say I agree. I would love to do involved terrain, but I don't
really have the time or ambition. Simple terrain, that can be 'mass
produced' is the best IMHO. Though I love to look at the good stuff.

> PS. A buddy is making up an airstrip with 50-100 flashing LEDs spread
> around various buildings, hangers, control tower and mostly down the side of
> the runway. (They run in a line from one end to the other and the lights
> sort of walk the length of the runway - I haven't explained that really
> well, but trust me it's pretty cool...)

Chad Taylor