Re: [Epic] Blast markers & ranges

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:53:06 -0700

Philip Troy Routley wrote:

> Let's see if I have this right.

> b) an enemy det. is 40 cm away, and another is 10 cm away. I apply my
> blast markers to the vindicators and shoot at the closer det. with FP 6 and
> the further with 6 AT shots - effectively getting doing more damage to the
> further det. just because a there is one that is closer.

You have it right.

A house rule that stops this is quite simple:
You allocate your Firepower to targets, then deduct the BM penalty from
each lot of firepower. Thus if you have 3 BMs and shoot at 2 different
targets, you lose 3 FP/SHW shots on each one.
This encourages concentration of all firepower of a unit onto one target
if you have a load of BMs, rather than the complex 2 FP here, 3 FP
there, which IMHO is quite reasonable.
It also has the great advantage of preventing such rules idiocy as
mentioned above.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture