Re: [Epic] Epic 40k Armies

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:56:31 -0400

> The thing is, I love the look of Eldar and Space Marine tanks. What
should I do?

Ally rules allow Space Marines and Eldar to be fielded together, albeit
they suggest doing this in special scenarios or when two different
players are in charge. Nevertheless, I've fielded Eldar as allies and
I'm sure most players will not have a problem with it.

> My Chapter is Codex right now, but is veering off the path. There is
a WD
> article I'm going to re-read about creating Chapters for Epic 40k. I
think

I used the Ultramarines Codex, from which I believe the stuff in WD was
taken. My chapter is the Shadow Skulls, black armour, per Codex color
schemes as far as company et. al. Skull is the symbol, which is on one
shoulder pad - yes, I actually paint skulls on the shoulder pads.

> wrangled $26 since yesterday, as well as having another $40 coming
in. That
> brings me up to, uhm, $66. (Which was almost what I paid for
Warhammer 40k,
> is it just me, or are GW prices getting a bit insane?) Barring and
spending
> binges or unexpected cash falls, I should have Epic 40K in 5 weeks.
Time to
> get a job!

I ordered my Epic 40k through an internet store - mail-order and got it
for 35% off. You could probably get it sooner and at a more reasonable
price if you did the same. I used the Travelling Mage - you have to
call them in person, though, but the catalog is online.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius