Re: [Epic] "Skull's Shadow" - Battle Report (LONG!)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:32:39 -0400

> You left out the Shadowsword that did nothing
> and got killed after 1 hit from a noise marine (not
> only did I manage to get a crit, I got a *good* crit!).

Wow, I must have totally repressed that. :-) That was definitely the
best shot of the game. My super heavies have had bad luck. I just
fought a game against orks, 2000 points. Had a Shadowsword and a
Baneblade waiting for his Gargant and Battlefortresses to get in range.
 As soon as they did, he won initiative, successfully lifta-droppa'd my
ShadowSword onto my BaneBlade and destroyed both! Ouch.

> Just a note to everyone else: 5000 points
> values take a *long* time to play. Don't even think
> of attempting something that big unless you're starting
> early in the day (or at least earlier than we did).

Yeah, we started playing relatively late (around 3-4PM or so) and it
took us 6 hours to complete 3 turns. I was rather shocked. I think
the Eldar contributed a lot to the time, though, since neither of us
had much experience with Eldar yet in E40k. I was taking a long time
thinking about how to move them and my tactics seemed to generate a lot
of thought (frustration?) on the other side of the table too. I think
that if we played again with army lists ready and some more experience
with what was on the table it would be a shorter game.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius